Chicken & Cauliflower Fried Rice
This Chicken & Cauliflower Fried Rice is a lighter take on a classic fried rice and a great way to add more veggies to your diet in a fun and flavourful way. Cauliflower rice can easily be made at home with a food processor, and many grocery stores now carry it pre-made in the produce or frozen section.
Time: 25 minutes
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
- 1 head cauliflower
- 6 skinless and boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1″ ginger root, grated
- 3 spring onions, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 eggs, whisked
- To Serve: spring onions, sesame seeds, hot sauce
- Cut cauliflower into chunks and add to a food processor to make cauliflower rice.
- In a skillet on medium heat, add coconut oil and add diced chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add whisked eggs and scramble gently. You want to leave them a little soft and runny as they will be heated again later. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add spring onions and carrots and sautee for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add ginger and garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower rice to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes for help soften the cauliflower. Add chicken and peas to the pan, and stir through to combine.
- As the cauliflower mixture cooked, combine soy sauce and sesame oil in a small dish and whisk together. Pour into the pan and stir to ensure it is well incorporated with the cauliflower rice.
- Stir the scrambled eggs back into the mixture, and season to taste as needed.
- Garnish with extra spring onions, sesame seeds and hot sauce to serve.
Stephanie Kay Nutrition