Packed full of colour, veggies, and flavour, this classic chicken stir-fry is a quick and easy meal that is ready in 30 minutes or less.
Time: 30 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 chicken breasts, cubed
1 white onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1” fresh ginger, minced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
1 cup sugar snap peas
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup white rice
1 pinch salt
Sesame seeds, to serve
Spring onion, sliced, to serve
1½ tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons sesame oil
¼ cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon flour
1. In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients, whisk until well combined and set aside.
2. In a pot, combine basmati rice with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, and allow to cook covered for 15 minutes or until it can be fluffed with a fork.
3. In a large skillet on medium-high heat, warm olive oil. Add onions, garlic, and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes until tender.
4. Add chicken and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until chicken is cooked halfway through and no longer pink.
5. Add bell pepper, carrots and broccoli and cook for another 3-4 minutes until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
6. Cover with sauce and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes until vegetables and chicken is coated and sauce begins to thicken.
7. Serve stir-fry with a side of rice and top with spring onion and sesame seeds.
http://www.kaynutrition.comStephanie Kay Nutrition