Hello 2018! A new year means new beginnings, and new recipes! If your New Year's Resolution is to step up your cooking game... Stephanie Kay Nutrition has you covered! January's Recipe of the Month is a Greek Chicken Tray Bake. This one is quick and simple, yet crazy packed with flavour! Plus... who doesn't love Greek food?!
Greek Chicken Tray Bake
Time: 40 minutes Paleo, Gluten-Free
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Add cut red onion, cubed red bell pepper and green bell pepper to a large baking sheet,drizzle with 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil and 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt. Use your hands to ensure vegetables are well coated.
3. Prepare the potatoes. Potatoes should be small in size, about the size of a cherry tomato, if they are too large you can cut them in half to help speed up cooking time.
3. In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, juice of one lemon, 1.5 teaspoons dried oregano, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1 teaspoon sea salt and whisk to combine. Add potatoes to the bowl and toss to coat them in the mixture. Pour potatoes onto the baking sheet with vegetables, drizzling any leftover oil onto them.
4. In the same bowl, combine chicken marinade; olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, dried oregano and sea salt. Add chicken to the bowl, ensuring that it is well coated in the mixture.
5. Push vegetables to the edges of the baking pan, and place the marinated chicken breasts in the centre.
6. Transfer baking sheet to the oven for 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
7. Remove from oven and scatter with crumbled feta before serving.