Grilled Cajun Shrimp Tacos
Ready in under 30 minutes, these shrimp tacos are the perfect summer meal! The shrimp can easily be grilled on the BBQ, a grill pan, or simply broiled in the oven if needed. Feel free to adjust the toppings to suit your personal preference because these grilled shrimp are the true star of the show.
Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pack wild-caught shrimp, thawed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ head romaine lettuce, shredded
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 lime, quartered
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- In a small bowl, combine the chilli powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, cayenne and sea salt, and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add thawed shrimp (tails removed), drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with spice mixture and toss until shrimp is well coated.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat, place shrimp onto the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until shrimp are opaque.
- While the shrimp are cooking, prepare the toppings; shred lettuce and cabbage, cube avocado, dice onion, chop cilantro and slice limes.
- Once the shrimp are cooked, assemble the tacos. Layer tortillas with shrimp and toppings of your choice, and serve immediately.