A unique cut with a unique twist! Steph Kay knocked it out of the park this month, and for any of you BBQ lovers, this is one you won't want to miss!
"Add a little variety to your summer BBQ with these Smoky Buffalo Burgers. Not only is buffalo (also known as bison) a great alternative to beef as it is higher in protein and lower in fat, but it is full of flavour. The combination of the sweet and smoky roasted red pepper sauce, sautéed mushrooms and buffalo pairs perfectly for an epic burger every time." - Stephanie Kay
Smoky Buffalo Burgers
with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce & Sautéed Mushrooms
Time: 30 minutes
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Buffalo Burgers
8oz jar roasted red peppers
2 cloves garlic
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. olive oil
4 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
Red onion, thinly sliced
2 burger buns
Fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat grill or BBQ to high.
2. Begin by preparing the roasted red pepper sauce. In a blender or food processor, combine the roasted red peppers, garlic cloves, paprika, sea salt, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Blend on high until smooth and set aside.
3. Next sauté the mushrooms. Heat a splash of oil in a pan on medium heat, add mushrooms and a pinch of sea salt. Cook for 5-6 minutes until mushrooms are brown and tender, and set aside.
4. Season burger patties with a light drizzle of olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper on both sides.
5. Add burger patties to a hot grill and cook until desired doneness; 4 minutes per side for medium or 5 minutes per side for well-done. Ensure only to flip your burgers once.
6. Once the burgers are cooked, remove them from the grill and set aside.
7. Build burgers by adding arugula to a bun, cooked burger patty and topping with roasted red pepper sauce, sautéed mushrooms and sliced red onion.
8. Serve immediately and enjoy!