Spicy Garlic Shrimp with Polenta
Rich and creamy polenta topped with saucy and spicy shrimp, this is the perfect recipe for any cold winter night!
Time: 50 minutes
- 16-20 frozen shrimp
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed chillies
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 680ml jar passata
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh basil, to serve
- 1 cup polenta
- 5 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Sea salt
- Begin by making the polenta. In a pot, combine polenta, water and a pinch of salt, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 30-40 minutes, whisking frequently to prevent it from sticking to the bottom or forming clumps.
- While the polenta is cooking, prepare the tomato sauce. In a large skillet on medium heat, add olive oil and onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until onions are tender.
- Once the onions are cooked, add garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add crushed chillies, oregano and a pinch of sea salt, and continue to cook for another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Pour in passata, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once the tomato sauce has cooked, add frozen shrimp for a final 5-6 minutes until they are tender and bright pink in colour.
- While the shrimp are cooking, finish the polenta by adding butter and parmesan cheese, whisking to ensure that everything is well combined and polenta is creamy.
- Season the shrimp mixute and polenta with extra salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, divide the polenta among bowls, top with shrimp mixture and serve with a sprinkle of fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
Stephanie Kay Nutrition