Hallowee’en is coming up quickly, and with everything else on the go, costumes for the kids might have fallen under the radar. Crafting a DIY costume can be a fun activity for the whole family to get involved!
Your truLOCAL box isn't just for delivering your mouthwatering AAA beef, or wild-caught salmon filets. It can also transform into the perfect toddler costume! With a few strokes of paint, and a little creative thinking, your online meat delivery box can be turned into a truck, train, or whatever your little Halloween fan desires! truLOCAL connects you to the source of top quality meat and fish AND top-notch, adorable Hallowe'en costumes.
What you need to get started:
- Garbage bag or tarp
- Paint (at least 120mL/4oz for your main colour)
- Paper plates
- Rope or old ties
- Scissors or a box-cutting knife
- Stapler or glue
- An empty truLOCAL box
1. Lay out a tarp or several garbage bags to protect your work area
2. Cut the flaps off of the box, so that you are left with just the 4 sides of the box
3. Paint the outside of your box in one solid colour, based on your intended costume ie. Red for a firetruck, blue for a police car, white for a carriage, etc.
4. Allow paint to dry fully, and apply a second and third coat if needed
5. Add any decals or motifs
6. Fasten the paper plates to the sides of the box, to act as wheels. Pro tip: use coloured paper plates!
7. Fasten the rope or ties to the inside of the box using a stapler or strong glue
8. Have a Happy Hallowe’en!
Here's the author's original inspiration from 1995!