Our farm has been in our family for more than 5 generations! The original homestead was first purchased by Charlie Israel and has been in our family ever since. Today, all aspects of the farm are owned and operated by three generations of Israel’s; Carl and Carolyn, Jamie and Anna, Brett and Riley, and Luke. Our Home - Our Farm!
As farmers, we have a duty to leave the environment in better shape for the next generation
As Farmers, we have an obligation to be good stewards. The success of our family farm is that we always want to leave it in better shape for the next generation. Organic agriculture improves the sustainability of our system. By reducing our synthetic off farm inputs, we are able to work with nature as opposed to asserting dominion over it. As a result, we are able to produce highly nutritious feed for our pigs which in turn creates exceptional quality pork for your family. In saying this, organic agriculture isn’t easy and its not for everyone. Supporting organic producers ensures that family farms, like ours, are able to provide high quality sustainable food for generations to come.
Our Certified Organic pigs receive the highest level of animal welfare and chemical/GMO free diet in the industry
Our Certified Organic pigs receive the highest level of animal welfare and chemical/GMO free diet in the industry. In addition, our pigs are raised without the use of antibiotics. Certified Organic goes beyond basic label claims like “Natural”. Our operation is audited routinely by third party CFIA approved inspectors to ensure we are meeting the organic standards. Some of the unique aspects of our pigs experience includes:
- Operation is totally on one site in one barn, meaning there is no stressful transport between locations
- All animals are provided with outdoor access
- Pigs receive fresh straw bedding daily
- Housing is confinement free
- All animals have 2X the square footage of conventional pigs
- Barns are all naturally ventilated offering exceptional air quality In addition to providing the highest level of animal welfare, we also partner with industry leaders in animal science. Our nutrition program is supported by Grand Valley Fortifiers, a trusted partner for more than 30 years. We are also fortunate to collaborate with Southwest Vets of Ontario on all of our veterinary needs.