Superfood Salmon Salad
Filled with fresh ingredients and vibrant colours, this superfood salmon salad is the perfect summer meal! Easily made on the stovetop or the grill, this recipe makes a great weeknight dinner or a simple meal prep idea for a week’s worth of delicious lunches.
- two fillets salmon
- two cups baby kale, well packed
- two cups arugula, well packed
- one cups radicchio, roughly chopped
- one avocado, peeled and diced
- quarter cup pumpkin seeds
- one tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- quarter cup olive oil
- one lemon, juiced
- one shallot, minced
- one clove garlic, grated
- one tsp Dijon mustard
- quarter tsp sea salt
- 0.12 tsp black pepper
1. In a small jar or bowl, add the dressing ingredients, whisk until well combined, and set aside.
2. Pat salmon dry with paper towel to remove excess moisture and season fillets generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. Heat oil in a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat and let the pan heat up for a couple minutes. Flick a few drops of water into the pan to test if it's hot enough. If the water sizzles and evaporates almost immediately, the pan is ready to go.
4. When the pan is ready, add salmon to the skillet, skin side up, and cook for 4-5 minutes until salmon is cooked ¾ of the way up the fillets. Flip and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes until salmon is cooked through.
5. While the salmon is cooking, separate kale, arugula, radicchio, avocado and pumpkin seeds across two bowls.
6. Cover the salads with the dressing, dividing it evenly across the bowls, and toss until the salad is well coated with the dressing.
7. Once salmon is cooked, top each salad with a fillet of salmon and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
NOTE: Salmon can also be cooked on a grill or BBQ. Preheat grill to medium-high, rub salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. When the grill is ready, place salmon fillets skin side up on the grill, cook for 4-5 minutes until grill marks form and salmon easily released from the grill, then flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until salmon is cooked through.