Greek Chicken Burgers
Packed full of fresh Greek flavours and topped with tangy tzatziki, these Greek chicken burgers are a delicious twist on a classic burger and a fun addition to any summer BBQ.
See more from Stephanie Kay at www.kaynutrition.com
- one lb ground chicken
- quarter cup red onion, minced
- one tsp oregano, dried
- quarter cup parsley, fresh
- two cloves garlic, grated
- quarter cup feta, crumbled
- quarter cup breadcrumbs
- one egg
- four burger buns
- half cup full-fat yoghurt
- half cucumber, cored and grated
- two tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- two tbsp fresh dill, minced
- one lemon, juiced
- one clove garlic, grated
- one leaf lettuce (per burger)
- two slices tomato (per burger)
- two slices cucumber (per burger)
- three slices red onion (per burger)
1. Begin by preparing the tzatziki. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, grated cucumber, grated garlic, parsley, dill and lemon juice, stir to combine and set aside.
2. In a separate large bowl, add the ground chicken, red onion, oregano, parsley, garlic, feta, breadcrumbs and egg, and use your hands to combine the ingredients.
3. Once combined, separate the chicken mixture into 4 equal portions and use your hands to shape them into patties.
4. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, then add patties and cook for 5-6 minutes per side until cooked through to an internal temperature of 165ºF.
5. Once the burgers are cooked, remove them from the grill and assemble them on buns with tzatziki and toppings of your choice.