Turn Your Box Into A Costume!
Hallowee’en is coming up quickly, and with everything else on the go, costumes for the kids might have fallen under the radar. Maybe you're just looking to get creative this season! Crafting a DIY costume can be a fun activity for the whole family to get involved!
Hallowee’en is coming up quickly, and with everything else on the go, costumes for the kids might have fallen under the radar. Crafting a DIY costume can be a fun activity for the whole family to get involved!
Your truLOCAL box isn't just for delivering your mouthwatering AAA beef, or wild-caught salmon filets. It can also transform into the perfect toddler costume! With a few strokes of paint, and a little creative thinking, your online meat delivery box can be turned into a truck, train, or whatever your little Halloween fan desires! truLOCAL connects you to the source of top quality meat and fish AND top-notch, adorable Hallowe'en costumes.
What you need to get started:
- Garbage bag or tarp
- Paint (at least 120mL/4oz for your main colour)
- Paper plates
- Rope or old ties
- Scissors or a box-cutting knife
- Stapler or glue
- An empty truLOCAL box
1. Lay out a tarp or several garbage bags to protect your work area
2. Cut the flaps off of the box, so that you are left with just the 4 sides of the box
3. Paint the outside of your box in one solid colour, based on your intended costume ie. Red for a firetruck, blue for a police car, white for a carriage, etc.
4. Allow paint to dry fully, and apply a second and third coat if needed
5. Add any decals or motifs
6. Fasten the paper plates to the sides of the box, to act as wheels. Pro tip: use coloured paper plates!
7. Fasten the rope or ties to the inside of the box using a stapler or strong glue
8. Have a Happy Hallowe’en!
Here's the author's original inspiration from 1995!
October 15th, 2019