Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Sweet and sticky, these Honey Garlic Chicken Wings are simple to make at home with all of the restaurant flavour!
Time: 50 minutes
- 2 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Green onion, chopped (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 450°F, and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl, add olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss until wings are well coated in oil.
- Place a wire rack on the baking sheet and arrange chicken wings on the rack. Using the rack is helpful but not necessary, it simply helps the wings to cook evenly.
- Transfer the chicken wings to the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes until crispy and cooked through.
- While the chicken wings are cooking, make the sauce. Add honey, soy sauce or tamari, garlic and onion powder to a small saucepan and cook on a low heat for 2-3 minutes until it has reduced a little and created a glaze. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- When the chicken wings are done cooking, transfer them to a large bowl, cover with sauce and toss until well coated.
- Once the wings are well coated in sauce, return them to the baking sheet, and pour over any remaining sauce.
- Turn the oven to broil, return baking sheet to the oven and cook the wings for a final 3-5 minutes. You are looking to crisp the skin up a little, however, keep a watchful eye on them to ensure they do not burn.
- Once complete, transfer the wings to a bowl or plate, and season with green onion to serve.
Stephanie Kay Nutrition