Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
This recipe calls for sirloin steak, however, striploin, flank or round steak would all work equally well! To make this recipe gluten-free, simply opt for corn-based tortillas as opposed to wheat.
- two sirloin steaks
- one red bell pepper, sliced
- one green bell pepper, sliced
- one yellow bell pepper, sliced
- one orange bell pepper, sliced
- one red onion, sliced
- two tbsp olive oil
- one tsp chili powder
- half tsp cumin
- half tsp paprika
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 12 tortillas, to serve (8-12)
- lime wedges, to serve
- fresh cilantro, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Mix the chilli powder, cumin and paprika together in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Add peppers and onions to a large baking sheet, drizzle with 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss well to combine. Transfer to the oven to cook for 10 minutes.
4. Pat the steaks dry with paper towel, and season with salt and pepper on all sides. Sprinkle steaks with spice mixture evenly on all sides, ensuring that they are well covered.
5. Heat remaining oil in a cast iron or heavy bottom skillet, add the steaks, and cook 1-2 minutes per side, and then remove them from the heat. (You are welcome to omit this step and cook the steaks completely in the oven with the peppers for 20 minutes, however, the texture won’t be as ideal.)
6. Once the peppers have cooked for 10 minutes, remove the sheet pan from the oven, add the steaks to the pan, and return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
7. Once cooked, remove the pan from the oven, and transfer steaks to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
8. Once the steaks have rested, slice into thin strips.
9. Serve steak and pepper mixture with tortillas, fresh limes, cilantro and extra toppings of your choice!
NOTE: For the best results, remove the steaks from the fridge at least 1 hour before cooking to bring them to room temperature. This will allow for a more even cook and better overall texture.