Sticky Korean Pork Chops
Tender, juicy, sweet and salty, these Sticky Korean Pork Chops are a quick and easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love.
See more from Stephanie Kay at www.kaynutrition.com
- four pork chops
- quarter cup honey
- quarter cup sesame oil
- two tsp chili paste or sriracha
- two tbsp soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- three cloves garlic, grated
- one inch fresh ginger, grated
- quarter sesame seeds, to serve
- two spring onion, to serve
1. In a large bowl, combine the honey, sesame oil, chilli paste/sriracha, soy sauce, grated garlic, and grated ginger, and whisk until well combined.
2. Transfer the pork chops to the bowl and submerge them in the sauce until well coated on all sides.
3. Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and transfer to the fridge to marinade for at least 20 minutes or overnight. Note: If you don’t have time, you can cook the pork chops immediately but you won’t get as much flavour.
4. When ready to cook, heat a grill pan or cast iron skillet to medium-high heat.
5. Add the pork chops to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, basting with the extra marinade in the bowl as they cook, until they reach an internal temperature of 140°F.
6. Once cooked, remove pork chops from the grill and serve with a sprinkle of green onion and sesame seeds to your liking.