Bacon & Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
Made in one pan, this breakfast hash is a delicious meal that works well for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Not to mention, it’s also a great meal prep idea; simply omit the eggs and fry one up when it’s time to serve!
- eight slices bacon, sliced
- four eggs
- one onion, diced
- two sweet potatoes, diced
- one cup Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- two cups kale, thinly sliced
- sea salt
- black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a cast iron skillet or large frying pan on medium-high heat, add bacon and heat until cooked halfway through. Once cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside on a plate.
3. In the same skillet, leave the remaining bacon fat, add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender.
4. Add the diced sweet potatoes, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, for roughly 10 minutes until they are slightly tender, but not cooked entirely.
5. Once the sweet potatoes are tender, add the chopped Brussels sprouts and kale and heat for 2-3 minutes, tossing them with the potatoes, until slightly wilted.
6. Return bacon pieces to the pan and stir to combine with the sweet potato and vegetable mixture.
7. Using a spoon, create small pockets in the vegetable mixture and crack the eggs directly into them.
8. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 10 minutes for runny yolks, or until cooked to your liking.