Easy Chicken Stir-Fry
Packed full of colour, veggies, and flavour, this classic chicken stir-fry is a quick and easy meal that is ready in 30 minutes or less.
See more from Stephanie Kay at www.kaynutrition.com
- one tbsp olive oil
- two chicken breasts, cubed
- one white onion, thinly sliced
- two cloves garlic, minced
- one inch fresh ginger, minced
- one red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- two carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- one cup sugar snap peas
- one cup broccoli florets
- one cup white rice
- one pinch salt
- sesame seeds, to serve
- spring onion, sliced to serve
- one and a half tbsp soy sauce
- two tbsp honey
- two tsp sesame oil
- quarter cup chicken broth
- one tbsp flour
1. In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients, whisk until well combined and set aside.
2. In a pot, combine basmati rice with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, and allow to cook covered for 15 minutes or until it can be fluffed with a fork.
3. In a large skillet on medium-high heat, warm olive oil. Add onions, garlic, and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes until tender.
4. Add chicken and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until chicken is cooked halfway through and no longer pink.
5. Add bell pepper, carrots and broccoli and cook for another 3-4 minutes until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
6. Cover with sauce and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes until vegetables and chicken is coated and sauce begins to thicken.
7. Serve stir-fry with a side of rice and top with spring onion and sesame seeds.