Oven-Baked Chicken Fingers
Chicken fingers are a family favourite. Let’s be honest, we say they're for the kids... but we all secretly love them just as much. Your families deserve only the best, so we searched high and low for a healthier alternative to your traditional chicken fingers. When we couldn’t find the best of the best, we asked the best of the best to help us out with a little homemade recipe!
- two boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- three cup almond flour
- two eggs
- one tsp onion powder
- two tsp garlic powder
- one tsp sea salt
- one tsp black pepper
- two tsp olive oil or avocado oil + more as needed
- five tbsp tapioca flour
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix together almond flour, tapioca flour, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt and black together, and set aside.
4. In a separate small bowl, crack eggs and whisk until well combined.
5. One at a time, dip chicken strips into egg mixture, ensure it is well coated, and then transfer to the flour mixture. Use your hands to ensure that the entire chicken strip is well coated in the flour mixture and then transfer it to the baking sheet.
6. Continue doing this, one chicken strip at a time, until all of the chicken has been coated in the egg and flour mixture and placed onto the baking sheet.
7. Once the baking sheet is lined with the chicken strips, drizzle olive or avocado oil across all of the chicken strips. You don’t need the chicken to be coated in oil, just a little drizzle across the top of each piece.
8. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven for a total of 18 minutes, turning the strips halfway through, until the tenders are brown and crispy on both sides.
9. Serve with a side of honey mustard or ketchup.