Smoky Buffalo Burgers
Add a little variety to your BBQ with these smoky buffalo burgers. Not only is buffalo a great alternative to beef as it is higher in protein and lower in fat, but it's also packed full of flavour!
- two buffalo burgers
- eight jar roasted red peppers
- two cloves garlic
- one tsp paprika
- one tsp sea salt
- one tsp red wine vinegar
- one tbsp olive oil
- four button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- fresh arugula
- one red onion, thinly sliced
- two burger buns
- olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat grill or BBQ to high.
2. Begin by preparing the roasted red pepper sauce. In a blender or food processor, combine the roasted red peppers, garlic cloves, paprika, sea salt, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Blend on high until smooth and set aside.
3. Next sauté the mushrooms. Heat a splash of oil in a pan on medium heat, add mushrooms and a pinch of sea salt. Cook for 5-6 minutes until mushrooms are brown and tender, and set aside.
4. Season burger patties with a light drizzle of olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper on both sides.
5. Add burger patties to a hot grill and cook until desired doneness; 4 minutes per side for medium or 5 minutes per side for well-done. Ensure only to flip your burgers once.
6. Once the burgers are cooked, remove them from the grill and set aside.
7. Build burgers by adding arugula to a bun, cooked burger patty and topping with roasted red pepper sauce, sautéed mushrooms and sliced red onion.
8. Serve immediately and enjoy!