Slow Roasted Salmon with Garlic & Herbs
Since salmon is a fish rich in healthy fats, it is often cooked at a high heat to help give it a crispy crust, however salmon is also delicious when slow-roasted. This foolproof method help keeps salmon moist and beautifully tender with every bite.
See more from Stephanie Kay at www.kaynutrition.com
- two salmon fillets
- one clove garlic, minced or grated
- two tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- one tbsp lemon juice
- two tbsp fresh parsley
- two tbsp fresh tarragon
- one tbsp fresh chives
- olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 275 °F.
2. In a bowl, combine the melted butter with minced garlic, lemon juice, parsley, tarragon and chives.
3. Drizzle some olive oil in the bottom of baking sheet, place the salmon fillets skin side down, and season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
4. Spread half of the herb mixture over each piece of the salmon, ensuring it is well covered.
5. Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and transfer to the oven for 35 minutes until salmon is barely opaque in the center.
6. Once cooked, remove salmon from the oven and serve with a wedge of lemon and vegetables of your choice.