Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a popular restaurant choice, and the good news is that they are just as delicious and easy to make at home! Lettuce wraps are a great choice because they are loaded with protein, fresh veggies and a ton of flavour, making them a great party appetizer or dinner for a crowd. Not only are they tasty, but ready in 30 minutes or less they making them the perfect weeknight meal!
See more from Stephanie Kay at www.kaynutrition.com
- one lb ground chicken
- one tbsp coconut oil or butter
- four cloves garlic, minced
- two fresh ginger, grated or minced
- three spring onions, chopped
- two tbsp tamari (gluten-free)
- two tsp honey
- two tsp sesame oil
- one tsp crushed chilli flakes (optional)
- one lime, juiced
- one head iceberg or Boston lettuce
- two carrots, julienned
- one red bell pepper, julienned
- one cup bean sprouts
- one handful coriander
- one fresh lime, quartered
1. In a bowl, stir together tamari, honey, sesame oil and lime juice. Set aside.
2. In a pan, heat coconut oil on a medium heat and add the garlic, ginger, and green onion.
3. Cook gently, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes.
4. Add the ground chicken to the pan and cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the marinade mixture to the pan and allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes until well combined. (For a crispier texture, allow the chicken to cook an additional 3-4 minutes until slightly brown but not burnt.)
6. Once the chicken is cooked, remove the pan from the heat and set aside to serve.
7. To serve, spoon about 1/4 cup of the mixture into a large lettuce leaf and serve with the toppings of your choice. (You can keep the vegetables toppings raw for extra crunch, or gently stir-fry them in a little oil and add them cooked if you prefer.)
8. Serve warm and enjoy!
TOOLS: Cast Iron Skillet, knife, peeler, spatula
PRESENTATION: Platter or cutting board, limes, bowl and spoon