Mediterranean Tray Bake Chicken
Tray bake, or sheet pan, dinners are a great way to get all of the flavour with none of the fuss; with just one pan you can create a delicious meal with little to no clean up! This Mediterranean Tray Bake Chicken makes a great weeknight dinner for the family, or a tasty meal for one with lots of leftovers so lunches are ready for the week.
- eight chicken thighs, bone in skin on
- 12 baby potatoes, halved
- one pint cherry tomatoes
- two yellow bell peppers, cut into strips
- one onion, cut into 8 wedges
- four cloves garlic, crushed with skin on
- one cup olives, mixed
- one lemon, cut into wedges
- one tsp sea salt
- one tsp fresh pepper
- one tsp oregano
- one tsp thyme
- two tsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. On a large baking sheet or tray, evenly spread out cut vegetables; onions, potatoes, peppers, cherry tomatoes and olives.
3. Using the back of a knife, crush the garlic cloves, leave the skin on and add them to the roasting tray. They will add flavours and fragrance to the dish and can be eaten once cooked.
4. Slice lemon into wedges and add to the tray.
5. Season vegetables lightly with half of the olive oil, pinch of sea salt and pepper.
6. Add the chicken thighs on top of the vegetables, and drizzle each chicken thigh with a little olive oil.
7.In a small dish, mix together the oregano, thyme, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Using your fingers sprinkle the chicken thighs with the spice mixture. You want to use all of the spices, so ensure the chicken is well seasoned.
8. Transfer the baking tray to the oven to roast for 40-45 minutes or until the chicken skin is crispy and the veggies are tender.
9. Serve warm and enjoy!