Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
One pan, all the flavours and next to no mess. Does it get any better?
See more from Scrambled and Scrumptious at www.scrambledandscrumptious.com
- two boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- one small bocconcini, sliced
- four leaves basil, sliced
- one tomato, sliced
- two tsp basil pesto
- three tbsp chicken broth
- two tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400F. Make a small slice in the fold of the chicken breasts to make space to stuff them.
- Add the bocconcini slices, basil leaves, and half of the sliced tomato to the cavity in the chicken breasts. Using cooking twine, tie the chicken breasts closed. Spread the pesto evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Heat a non-stick oven safe skillet on medium-high heat. Add the chicken broth and balsamic vinegar and boil to reduce. Remove the skillet from heat.
- Add the stuffed chicken breasts and remaining tomato slices to the skillet. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.