Mexican Street Corn & Chicken
Rice levels have risen with some Mexican infused flavours and some savoury feta cheese!
See more from Scrambled and Scrumptious at www.scrambledandscrumptious.com
- one and a half cup chicken broth
- one cup brown rice
- half white onion (about 1 cup)
- two tsp butter
- three ears corn, separated from the cob (approximately 1.5 cups)
- quarter jalapeno, minced
- quarter tsp cumin
- quarter tsp chipotle chili
- four boneless, skinless chicken thighs, boiled and shredded (approximately 1lb)
- three tbsp cilantro, chopped
- two tbsp goat cheese feta
- In a saucepan, cook the rice using the chicken broth according to package directions.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on high heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook until soft, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add corn, jalapeno, cumin, and chipotle to the skillet and cook until corn becomes crispy, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and cilantro, cook until chicken is warm and cilantro is soft, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice to the skillet and combine. Serve topped with feta.