Cheesy Bacon Burger Casserole
Cheese "meat" our friends named bacon and ground beef. You guys are going to get along deliciously!
See more from at Alysha www.instagram.com/fatfuelle d
- seven oz bacon, diced
- one lb ground beef
- two dill pickles, finely chopped
- two tomatoes, diced
- one clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash turmeric and smoked paprika
- one medium yellow onion
- two cups shredded cheddar cheese
- two eggs
- one cup heavy whipping cream
- two tbsp unsweetened tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and grease a 2-quart 9" round casserole dish.
- In a large frying pan, fry bacon over medium heat until crispy. Set bacon aside, reserving fat in pan.
- Add ground beef to the same pan and increase heat slightly. Fry while stirring until the beef is cooked through. Add onions and let soften.
- Add dill pickles and tomatoes to pan along with minced garlic, salt,pepper, spices and 2/3 of the cheese.
- Add ground beef mixture then bacon to the casserole dish.
- Mix eggs, cream, and tomato sauce in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ground beef and add the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the casserole turns golden brown.
- Serve with shredded lettuce!