Spicy Chicken Grain Bowl
We like to call this the "kitchen sink bowl." Add, substitute or take out anything you like!
See more from Kylie at www.instagram.com/saltedsunday
- six cups mixed greens
- one cup blackberries, divided
- one cup blueberries, divided
- one cup cherry tomatoes, divided
- one cucumber, peeled, halved and sliced
- one cup feta cheese, divided
- four tbsp balsamic glaze
- four boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- two tsp paprika powder
- two tsp garlic powder
- two tsp onion powder
- one tsp cayenne
- one tsp dried rosemary
- one tsp dried thyme
- one tsp sea salt and black pepper
- three large sweet potatoes
- three tsp cinnamon powder
- two tsp cayenne powder
- one tsp ginger powder
- one tbsp olive oil
- one cup tri-coloured quinoa
- one can full fat coconut milk
- two tsp olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- one cup unsalted, raw pecans halves
- quarter cup brown sugar
- three tbsp balsamic glaze
- two tbsp olive oil
- two tbsp grainy dijon mustard
- one garlic clove, minced
- onion powder, sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1” cubes. Spray a 11x14”glass pan and place sweet potatoes into it. Drizzle olive oil on them and toss to coat. Add cayenne, cinnamon + ginger and toss to coat. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Lay raw pecans on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle brown sugar, cinnamon,cayenne and salt, toss to combine. Place butter around the baking sheet. Bake in the same oven as the sweet potatoes at 400 degrees F, for 10-20 minutes or until browned and candied.Stir them occasionally to allow butter to coat the pecans.
- Clean and prepare chicken. Lay flat on a baking sheet or plate, drizzle olive oil on both sides of chicken. Sprinkle salt on either side. Mix all of your dry ingredients in a small bowl, excluding salt and then sprinkle all of it on either sides. Massage seasoning into chicken and set aside for10-20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 375 degree F. Cook chicken for 7 minutes on either side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- In a small pot over medium heat, add 2 tsp of olive oil, let heat up for a minute then add in your dry quinoa and salt. Cook over medium/medium low heat for about 5 minutes or until the quinoa has a toasted, nutty smell to them, stirring regularly, if you leave it too long it will burn easily.Once toasted, pour in coconut milk and stir. Cook this for about 20 minutes or until fluffy, stirring regularly - this keeps it creamier.
- For balsamic dressing, add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Place field greens into a large bowl and toss with some of the balsamic dressing. Divide into 4separate bowls. Top each bowl with quinoa, sweet potatoes, sliced chicken, blackberries,blueberries, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, feta and candied pecans. Finish with a drizzle of your favourite balsamic glaze