Creamy Pea & Bacon Rigatoni
Ready in less than 20 minutes, this quick and easy pasta recipe is a delicious combination of sweet, salty and savoury flavours.
See more from Stephanie Kay at www.kaynutrition.com
- 170 grams rigatoni, dry
- four slices bacon, thinly sliced
- one clove garlic, minced
- one cup frozen peas, thawed
- half cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- two tbsp butter
- two tbsp heavy cream
- one handful fresh mint, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add rigatoni and cook according to package directions. Once cooked, strain, reserving a 1/2 cup of the cooking water, and set aside.
- In a large pan on medium-high heat, add the sliced bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp. Once cooked, remove bacon from the pan, transfer to a plate with paper towel, and set aside.
- In the same pan on low heat, leaving the remaining bacon fat, add minced garlic and cook for1-2 minutes until tender. Add peas, toss to combine with the garlic, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Once the rigatoni is cooked and strained, return to the pot, add butter, bacon, garlic and pea mixture, and stir to combine.
- Add heavy cream and parmesan cheese and stir until well incorporated. Add a splash of pasta water to loosen the mixture as needed until a smooth texture is reached.
- Add mint, stir to combine again and season with additional salt, pepper and parmesan cheese to taste.