Baked Potato Skins
See more from Natasha at natashatheprocrastibaker
- 10 medium potatoes
- two tbsp vegetable oil
- one tsp pepper
- two tsp garlic powder
- one tsp paprika
- half tsp sea salt
- one tbsp unsalted butter
- six strips of bacon, divided (reserve 2 for topping)
- quarter tsp sea salt
- half tsp pepper
- five tbsp milk
- two cups shredded cheese (save 1/2 cup to sprinkle on top)
- Optional: green onions for topping
- Cut all of the potatoes lengthwise and remove any spuds as necessary (keep the skin on)
- Mix together vegetable oil, pepper, garlic, powder, paprika, and salt. Brush onto both sides of the potatoes.
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and bake at 450F for 45 minutes.
- Let it cool for about 30 minutes (or until cool enough to handle).
- Scoop out the insides of the potato and set it aside in a bowl.
- Cook the bacon on medium heat until fully cooked and cut into small pieces.
- Mash the scooped-out potato to remove any lumps. Then, add unsalted butter, salt, pepper, milk, shredded cheese, and bacon.
- Fill the potato skins with the potato mixture and sprinkle on some extra cheese and bacon.
- Bake at 350F for 8 minutes (or until cheese is melted).
- Broil on high for 2 minutes.
- Top with green onions.