Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
Sweet and sticky chicken thighs grilled to perfection!
See more from Stephanie Kay at www.kaynutrition.com
- one lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- three tbsp honey
- three tbsp dijon mustard
- one tbsp olive oil
- one clove garlic, grated or minced
- one pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken thighs on a cutting board and season generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
- In a large bowl, combine the honey, mustard, olive oil and cayenne pepper (optional) and whisk to combine. If you find the mixture too thick, simply add a splash of warm water and whisk again to loosen it up.
- Add the chicken thighs to the bowl and toss to coat in the honey mustard marinade. Allow to marinate, for at least 5-10 minutes, while you heat up the grill. You can also prepare the chicken thighs ahead of time and allow them to marinate, stored in the fridge, for up to 8 hours.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Once warm, add the chicken thighs to the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through or a thermometer reads 165°.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken thighs from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving to help to preserve the juices.