Grilled Buffalo Shrimp Taco Bowls
Full of colour and fresh flavours, these buffalo shrimp taco bowls are perfect for a quick, easy and light summer meal.
See more from Stephanie Kay at www.kaynutrition.com
- one lb shrimp
- quarter cup hot sauce, such as Frank’s
- one tbsp olive oil
- half tsp garlic powder
- one head romaine lettuce, chopped
- one cup corn, frozen, thawed
- two cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- one avocado, cubed
- quarter red onion, thinly sliced
- four oz. Cojita cheese, crumbled
- quarter cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- one lime, quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the hot sauce, olive oil and garlic powder and whisk to combine.
- Add shrimp to the hot sauce mixture and toss to combine until well coated.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until pink. Once cooked, remove from the grill and set aside.
- In serving bowls, combine the lettuce, corn, tomatoes, avocado and red onion. Layer each both with a handful of shrimp, sprinkle of cheese, cilantro and slice of lime. Season with salt and pepper to taste.