Fully Loaded Baked Potato Bites
Whether you're pairing these with a classic steak dinner or dishing it up as an appetizer before, these are guaranteed to be loved by all of your dinner guests!
- 3 russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt/pepper, to taste
- 2.5 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, uncooked
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 2 green onions, diced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes into 3/4 inch slices. Brush the potatoes lightly coating them with oil. Flip and repeat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the slices on a baking sheet in the oven for 25 minutes.
- As the potatoes bake, cook the bacon over low heat. Set them aside and pat dry to remove the excess fat. Allow the bacon to cool and then crumble it.
- Remove the potato slices from the oven and lightly brush with bacon drippings from the pan. Flip and repeat. Bake for 10 more minutes. Meanwhile, crumble the bacon.
- Decrease the heat to 350 degrees. Top the potatoes with grated cheese and crumbled bacon. Place back in the oven until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the slices from the oven. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, then top with green onions. Serve with sour cream and enjoy!