Easy Bacon Jalapeno Popper Bites
Jal-a-what? Jalapeno poppers! These are combination between spicy, crunchy and creamy! Get ready, you are going to love them and will likely be making them on repeat!
- 10 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 jalapeñoes, seeded, diced, plus 24 sliced for topping
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the jalapeno peppers out. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 10 minutes or until the peppers are soft.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheddar cheese, bacon, ½ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of pepper and cream cheese and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a small sandwich bag or piping bag and cut a 1-inch round hole in the bottom.
- Pipe the cream cheese mixture onto the peppers and sprinkle with panko crumbs, sea salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes and then remove from the oven.