Shrimp & Scallop Creole
Scallops and shrimp? This creole has it going on! Get your seafood fix with the spicy and savoury creole that pairs perfectly with any dish!
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco, to taste
- 2 lbs shrimp, raw
- 1 lb scallops, raw
- Add butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic and sauté until veggies are lightly browned.
- In a small bowl whisk together the thyme, salt, pepper, cayenne and flour. Stir into onion mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with wine and then add chicken stock, tomatoes, bay leaves and hot sauce. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaves. Add the shrimp and scallops and cook for 2-4 minutes per side.
- Serve with your favourite grain, dished over pasta or alongside a grilled steak!