Easy Mushroom Topper
A meal isn't complete without a topper or a sauce! This Easy Mushroom Bacon Topper is the perfect addition to any meal and will take it from delicious to superb!
- 5 strips of bacon, uncooked
- 16 ounces white mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh green onions
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, cook the bacon for 3-4 minutes per side until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool. Rip the bacon into pieces.
- In the same skillet with the bacon fat, add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and stir again. Cook for four minutes on medium-high heat without stirring. Stir and cook for 2 more minutes without stirring.
- Reduce heat to low, add 1 tablespoon of butter and crumbled bacon. Stir until the butter is melted and then top with green onions and serve immediately!