Best Ever Broccoli Soup
See more from at Georgia Overbeck at www.instagram.com/blondiesbaking_/
- 5 cups fresh or frozen broccoli
- 1 cup fresh or frozen carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 cups cashew milk
- 2 tbsp Blondies Baking Bagel Blend
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan, spray with non stick spray and bring to medium heat. Add the broccoli, carrot, onion, and garlic. Sauté until onion is translucent and just tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Sprinkle vegetables with flour. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Gradually add vegetable broth and milk, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Add the and nutritional yeast for using. Simmer soup over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Blend the soup to your liking. I used my immersion blender. If desired, adjust consistency with water. Stir in white wine vinegar and bagel blend. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Enjoy!