Curry-Coconut Shrimp Bowls
See more from Karine Wlasichuk at www.alongcameella.com
- 1 bag of frozen shrimps
- 1 ½ cup of rice
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of cumin powder
- 3 tbsp of curry powder
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- Black pepper
- In a skillet over medium-heat, heat oil and add onion. Toss for 5-7 minutes until tender, while adding salt and pepper for taste.
- Push the onions to one side of the skillet to melt butter. Add the shrimps, turning them once or twice and then mixed with the rest of the ingredients until cooked.
- Add curry and cumin powder and stir for 30 seconds. Make sure to coat all ingredients.
- Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer while stirring. Cook for approximately 5 minutes (if you want the flavours to really blend and come to life, lower the heat and let simmer for a few extra minutes)*. *Again, typical recipes will instruct you to add the shrimps once the coconut milk is cooked, however I kept it a one-pot affair and the result was great!
- Serve over rice, sprinkle with garnish you have on hand, chili flakes if desired, and a fresh squeeze of lime juice!