Cabbage and Beef Stir-Fry with Soba Noodles
This recipe is so simple to throw together after a long work day - and oh so flavourful! It is also loaded with vitamins and proteins, so you truly can't go wrong giving it a try!
- 1 package of ground beef
- 1 package of Soba noodles
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of Sriracha or chili oil
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 of green cabbage
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of cooking oil (canola or olive)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp of ginger
- black pepper
- 1 pinch of sesame seeds for garnish
1. Shred both carrots and cabbage head using a cheese grater (or buy the coleslaw!!!) and place aside - do yourself a favour and buy the ones that come attached to a bin for your vegetable bits to fall in!
2. In a large pot over medium-heat, throw in cooking oil, garlic, ginger, scallions and soy sauce- stir for 5 minutes.
3. Throw in beef and sesame oil and break apart whilst mixing in with other ingredients.
4. Add brown sugar and keep stirring until the meat is brown.
5.Add all shredded vegetables- let simmer for 10 minutes and stir occasionally once everything is mixed.
6. In a separate pot, bring water to a boil and throw in Soba noodles. Coom according to package instructions (in my case they needed 7 minutes)- drain and add to the the stir-fry.
7. Once everything is mixed together, sprinkle with sesame seeds (the limit does not exist) and serve in bowls, along with chopsticks.