Cajun Spiced Shrimp Tacos
The spicier the better when it comes to tacos!
See more from Scrambled and Scrumptious at www.scrambledandscrumptious.com
- 2 tsp cilantro, chopped
- 3 tsp low fat sour cream
- 5 tsp cold water
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 + 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 cup white onion (about half a medium sized onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 small-sized soft tortillas
- 6 tsp Tex Mex light shredded cheese
- 6 leaves of lettuce, shredded
For the Cilantro Crema:
- In a food processor, pulse the chopped cilantro until you reach your desired leaf size.
- Add the low-fat sour cream and cold water to the food processor and pulse until well combined. Add more water if you want a runnier consistency.
For the Shrimp Taco Filling:
- In a medium mixing bowl, season shrimp with Cajun seasoning and mix well to ensure all shrimp are covered with an even layer of spice.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil to the hot pan and sauté the onions and garlic until the onions are soft, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the seasoned shrimp to the pan and sauté until cooked through approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds, or on a pan on the stove for 30 to 45 seconds. The tortillas should be soft and bend easily without breaking.
- Add cheese and lettuce to the tortillas.
- Add 3 shrimp to each taco.
- Drizzle cilantro crema over the tacos and serve