Steak Chow Mein
Looking for an elevated version of a basic ramen noodles stir fry? This is your guy. Let the superior steak cuts speak for themselves - although the elaborate spices and flavours help!
- 2 truLOCAL Sirloin Steaks, chopped in cubes
- 2 packages of Ramen noodles
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 French shallot, minced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 4 tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 pinch of sesame seeds (for garnish)
- 1/3 cup of Hoisin sauce
- 2-3 drops of chili oil (or a pinch of pepper flakes if you prefer)
- 1 tbsp of freshly grated ginger (powdered is fine too!)
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat sesame oil. Add chopped onions and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add peppers and ginger and cook, while stirring frequently, until softened. About 5-7 minutes.
2. Add garlic, shallot, scallions, chili oil and soy sauce. Stir for another 2-3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the ramen noodles and drain. Set aside.
4. Add the beef cubes and cover in Hoisin sauce. Make sure to mix right away so all ingredients are evenly coated. Let the flavours blend until the beef is cooked at your desired level.
5. Toss in the noodles and mix well. Serve with a pinch of sesame seeds and green scallion toppings. Enjoy the feast!