Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
A classic fettuccine alfredo with a shrimp twist.
See more from Stephanie Kay at www.kaynutrition.com
- 8-10 shrimp, thawed and peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 170 grams fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- Black Pepper
- Cook the fettuccine as per package directions in heavily salted water. While the pasta is cooking, reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, warm the olive oil, then add shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes per side until slightly pink and no longer translucent. Once cooked, remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan on medium heat, add ½ cup of the pasta cooking water and bring to a gentle simmer. Add the butter a ½ tablespoon at a time, and allow to melt, whisking occasionally to encourage it.
- Once the butter is melted, slowly add the grated cheese in batches, allowing it to melt before adding more, whisking constantly until it’s well incorporated with the butter and the sauce is smooth.
- Once cooked, add the drained pasta to the pan with the butter and cheese mixture, gently tossing the pasta in the sauce, add more of the pasta cooking liquid as needed, until well coated.
- Return the cooked shrimp to the pan and toss gently to incorporate with the pasta.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of black pepper, parsley, and additional cheese.