Bangers & Mash with Mushrooms and Cauliflower
This staple winter meal is sure to bring you comfort at anytime of the year! Hearty, flavourful, and meaty!
- 4 truLOCAL Italian sausages
- 1 cauliflower head, chopped
- 1 pack of cremini mushrooms (of your choice really!), chopped
- 6-8 golden potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp of dried basil
- sea salt, for taste
- 5 tbsp of olive oil
- black pepper, for taste
- 3 tbsp of dried chives
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat your oven at 400℉.
- In a medium-sized pot, cook potatoes until tender and drain. Mash potatoes while adding milk, chives, salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Whip until smooth, then cover and keep warm.
- Place your cauliflower on a oven pan and drizzle olive oil, sea salt, dried basil and black pepper. Mix and cook for 20 minutes (be careful to watch them so they don't burn if you chopped them small!).
- After 5 minutes, place your sausages on the pan and let cook alongside the cauliflower for the remainder of the 20 minutes (making sure they are cooked through when slicing them).
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add your mushroom and toss for 2 minutes. Add garlic and toss until fragrant. Add salt and pepper, then set aside.
- A fun tip for plating: get a metal cylinder to mold the potatoes into a nice little tower- it's a great presentation tool! If not, simply plate the ingredients and add the mushroom garnish over the potatoes.