Mediterranean Broccoli Salad with Chicken
A quick, easy and light Mediterranean-inspired meal perfect for a summer BBQ.
See more from Stephanie Kay at www.kaynutrition.com
- 4 cups broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon oregano, dried
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the chicken on a cutting board, cover with a piece of plastic wrap, and using a meat mallet lightly pound to an even thickness, roughly a 1/4-inch.
- Next prepare the chicken marinade. In a medium bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and a generous pinch of salt, and whisk to combine. Add chicken breasts to the bowl, turn to coat in the marinade and set aside.
- Next prepare the dressing. In a small bowl or jar, add the olive oil, yogurt, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk or shake until well combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- In a large bowl, add the broccoli florets, sundried tomatoes, red onion, olives, pine nuts and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, remove the chicken breasts from the bowl and transfer to the grill, and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden and cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, cover the salad with the dressing, add crumbled feta cheese, and toss until everything is well coated. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Once the chicken has rested, divide the salad across two bowls or plates and top each salad with a grilled chicken breast.