Honey Roast Chicken Platter
This is the perfect meal for a get-together. One platter is easy to share and serves many portions - it's a no brainer!
- 1 truLOCAL full chicken
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4-5 large golden potatoes, chopped
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 5 tbsp of olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towel and rub all over with the olive oil and season inside and out with salt and pepper. Put the lemon halves in the cavity of the chicken.
- Drizzle the chicken with the honey and roast for 1 h 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. If you find it to be browning too quickly, cover with foil- make sure to keep an eye on it!
- While the chicken roasts, chop potatoes and season with sea salt, pepper and olive oil and place on a baking tray for about 40 minutes, until golden and crispy (depending on what you have on hand, you may add sweet potatoes into the mix as I did)!
- About 15 minutes into the potatoes baking, add the quartered onions and mix, then place back in the oven to roast together.
- Meanwhile, prepare the carrots. In a large pot, bring water to boil. Cook carrots and drain. Add in fresh parsley and butter, with a dash of maple syrup. Mix well.
- Plate all ingredients together on an appetizing-looking platter, and pat yourself on the shoulder. Enjoy!