Chicken Chow Mein Bowls
This scrumptious weeknight meal is quick to put together and a total crowd-pleaser! Sweet, savoury, and hearty! Asian fusion meets the carrots you needed to use up in your fridge. Enjoy!
- 2 truLOCAL chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 2 French shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 package rice noodles
- 1 pinch sesame seeds
- 1 pinch sea salt
- In a large wok (or skillet if you don't have one) heat sesame oil over medium high and throw in your carrot slices. Toss for 2-5 minutes until softened, then add onion, scallions, and the green onion. Lower heat to medium and mix well for another 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Add soy sauce, a dash of water, hoisin sauce and a pinch of salt. Add your cubed chicken and toss to ensure every ingredient is well coated. Lower heat to medium-low and cover for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, bring salt water to a boil and add rice noodles. They will be cooked and ready to drain within a couple of minutes! Drain and set aside.
- Depending on the size and thickness of your chicken cubes, your cooking time covered could be between 10-15 minutes. Once your chicken is cooked, serve over noodles in bowls and sprinkle with sesame seeds.