Honey Lime Chicken Skewers
These zesty, sweet and salty chicken skewers are packed full of flavour while still being easy to make!
See more from Stephanie Kay at www.kaynutrition.com
- 2 lbs. chicken, cubed
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Skewers, wooden or metal
- Green onion, chopped, to serve
- Cilantro, minced, to serve
- In a large bowl or container, add the lime juice, honey, soy sauce, olive oil and garlic and whisk to combine. Add the cubed chicken to the bowl, toss to coat it in the marinade, and cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Once the chicken has marinated, thread it onto skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes before adding the chicken to ensure they do not burn.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, add the chicken skewers to the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through, or a thermometer reads 165°F.
- Once cooked, remove the skewers from the grill and serve as is or with an extra drizzle of honey and sprinkle of green onion and cilantro.