Shredded Beef Tacos
These slow-cooker shredded beef tacos are full of flavour while being incredibly easy to make.
See more from Stephanie Kay at www.kaynutrition.com
- 3-4 lbs beef roast, chuck or rump
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- Tortillas, corn or wheat
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Coriander, roughly chopped
- Cotija cheese, crumbled
- Lime, sliced into wedges
- In a small bowl, add chili powder, paprika, oregano and salt, and stir to combine.
- Place the beef roast on a cutting board and generously rub the spice mixture into the roast, evenly covering all sides.
- In a slow cooker, add minced onion, minced garlic, and olive oil, and stir to combine. Add tomato paste and beef broth and stir again until well combined.
- Place the seasoned beef roast in the slow cooker, laying it in the middle of the onion and broth mixture.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low, until the beef is tender and easily falls apart.
- Once the beef is cooked, remove it from the slow cooker, place it on a cutting board, and use two forks to shred it into bite-size pieces.
- Once shredded, return the beef to the slow cooker and toss it in the gravy to absorb all the juices and flavours.