This is the perfect weeknight recipe: ready in minutes, yet tasty and satisfying! A healthy blend of crispy, sweet, and fresh.
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 stems of fresh Parsley
- 3 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 3 tbsp of olive oil (repeat maple-oil ratio depending on quantity desired)
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- A drizzle of balsamic glaze
- optional: a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
1. Absorb the excess water from the trout filets with paper towel (just like you would a greasy New York pizza) and set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine olive oil and maple syrup and whisk away.
3. With a brush (my fingers, to be honest), apply the mixture on both pieces of trout evenly (to save time, have the fish on the baking tray, ready to go!)
4. Add the salt and pepper, sprinkle the herbs, minced garlic, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
5. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees and leave fish in for no longer than 15 to 20 minutes (depending on how you like the texture). Enjoy!