The Perfect Meatball Sub
Meatballs and subs go together like peanut butter and jelly. Especially when there's ample tomato sauce to go around!
See more from Natasha at natashatheprocrastibaker
- 4 submarine buns
- 8 mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 2 1/2 cups of pasta sauce
- 1 package of @trulocal meatballs
- Slice your submarine buns down the middle, and make sure not to cut all the way through.
- To a saucepan on medium heat, add a bit of oil and the @trulocal meatballs.
- Slice the meatballs in half (so they cook more evenly) and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side (or until fully cooked. Once done, remove from the pan and set aside. (Note: you can also use pre-cooked frozen meatballs to make this recipe even easier).
- Add the pasta sauce to a saucepan for 4-5 minutes and then add the meatballs back in.
- Add the meatballs to the submarine bun along with the mushrooms and onions, and mozzarella. Place on a baking tray and bake at 350F for 5 minutes (or until cheese is melted).