California Bison Burger
Burgers don't always have to be made of beef! Give these bison burgers a shot the next time you're craving a burger!
See more from Kristi Drinovz at https://www.instagram.com/kandbcooking/
- 2 tbsp plain 0%mf Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp low fat mayo
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- A pinch of kosher salt
- 1 1lbs pkg ground bison
- Kosher salt
- 3 hamburger buns
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 vine ripened tomato, sliced
- Fresh spinach
- Alfalfa sprouts
- 3 slices of onion
- 3 slices Monterey jack jalapeño cheese
- In a small bowl blend together the aioli ingredients, and refrigerate till ready to use.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill to 400°f.
- Split the package of bison into 3 equal size balls. Press each ball into a 1/2” thick patty. Using your thumb press an indent into the center of each patty.
- Season both sides of each patty with salt and pepper.
- Place the pa es on the grill and cook for 6 min. Flip and cook another 5-6min.
- When about 1 min remains place a cheese slice onto each patty to melt.
- Remove from the grill and layer with the bottom of a bun, spinach, onion, avocado, bison burger, tomato, and alfalfa sprouts.
- Top with the top half of the bun slathered with aioli.