Sicilian Stuffed Meatloaf
The perfect dinner dish to serve your family, friends or any dinner guest that comes around!
See more from Kristi Drinovz at https://www.instagram.com/kandbcooking/
- 1/2 a red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 an onion, minced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato halves, diced
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- Fresh basil leaves
- 175g sliced deli ham
- 3.5oz grated sharp white cheddar
- In a fry pan over med heat add the oil. Once to temp add the onion, bell pepper, and sun-dried tomatoes. S r occasionally and con nue to cook un l onion so en (approx 5min).
- Add the garlic and cook another min ll fragrant. Set aside to slightly cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350°f.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl add the beef, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, onion/pepper mixture, and an egg.
- Mix with your hands ll just incorporated.
- Place the beef mixture on a piece of parchment paper and flatten it out into a 1/2” thick rectangle.
- Top the beef with ham, basil, and cheese leaving approx 1” border around all edges clear.
- Using the paper to aid you to roll the beef gently to seal in the stuffing. Press each end shut.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hr.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10min.
- Slice and serve.