Lobster Tail with Lemon Miso Butter Sauce
Savoury, buttery and melt-in-your-mouth lobster for dinner? This recipe is the PERFECT dish to serve on a special occasion.
See more from Kristi Drinovz at https://www.instagram.com/kandbcooking/
- 4 3-4oz lobster tails
- 1/2 cup sea salt butter
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1/2 a lemon’s zest (approx 2 tsp)
- 1/4 tsp Old Bay seasoning (plus additional to season the meat)
- Using a pair of kitchen shears cut down the middle of each lobster shell.
- Gently break open the shell just enough to reach the meat.
- Push two fingers between the meat and the bottom shell pulling the meat up and away from the shell.
- Once the meat is released from the bottom of the shell (but still attached to the base) fold it over the shell so the meat sits atop.
- Sprinkle the meat lightly with old bay seasoning.
- In a small pot add the butter, miso, lemon zest and, 1/4 tsp old bay seasoning.
- Preheat a @broilkingbbq grill to 275°f. Add the pot of butter to the grill as it preheats.
- Once to temp add the lobster tails to the center of the grill.
- Stir the butter sauce to incorporate. Brush each tail with butter sauce and close the lid.
- Cook the lobster for 10min, baste with additional butter sauce, and cook another 25min or till an internal temp of 135-140°f is reached.
- Remove from the grill and if desired serve with additional butter sauce for dipping.